To install WordPress, follow these steps:
- Choose a web host: You will need to choose a web host to host your WordPress site. You can find a list of recommended web hosting companies on the WordPress website.
- Download and extract WordPress: You can download the latest version of WordPress from the WordPress.org website. After downloading, extract the files to a directory on your computer.
- Upload WordPress files to your server: Using an FTP client (such as FileZilla), upload the WordPress files to your web server.
- Create a database: Most web hosting companies provide a database creation tool in their control panel. Use this tool to create a new database for your WordPress site.
- Run the WordPress installation script: In your web browser, navigate to your domain and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Configure WordPress: After the installation is complete, you will need to configure WordPress by setting up your site title, creating a username and password, and selecting a theme.
Note: These steps are a general guide and may differ slightly depending on your web hosting company and the version of WordPress you are using.